darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

201 - bed

I have a bed. I forgot to tell you. Its 2 parts box spring and one part mattress and it comes up about mid thigh to me. If I want to sit on my bed. I have to hop on. Its fabulous. Ive already had a near fall off the side of the bed one morning. Now I sleep in the middle of the bed and really spread myself out.

Ive been sleeping in my bedroom since the bed arrived and its been different. Good different. I miss sleeping in the living room in that there is so much light and obviously more room there. But the bedroom is more private.

There is the issue of the second bedroom that remains empty. I'm contemplating getting a roommate but someone that's never there and pays rent. I think Ill pass, those kinds of roomies are hard to find I hear. I'm undecided on whether to make it a spare room, office or a mini gym. Maybe Ill put a bed, dresser, desk and a treadmill in there to satisfy it all. Maybe. For now though, it remains an empty room with only a lamp to light it.

I still have nothing hanging on the walls though there are a few things to be hung. I'm in no rush and quite like the simpleness of it all. White walls that I was thinking of painting. Maybe Ill choose to paint one wall to accent the space. There is a fleeting moment of 'wouldn't it be nice if I had someone to choose paint colors with and to share the painting with'. As quick as it comes its out of my head. With only this post as evidence of its existence.

Brand new bedsheets, pillowcases coupled with my smooth, freshly scrubbed self makes for sweet dreams :) Now for a warm body beside me... maybe in my dreams....

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At May 16, 2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Eric said…

    Turn it into a wine celler

     
  • At May 16, 2007 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    My daughter has a bed that seems similar. It's high, mainly because of storage compartments built in. One time I stood on the mattress to adjust a ceiling panel, and stepped off backward forgetting how high the bed was. I almost lost my balance and would have had quite a fall.

    I hope that soon you find a warm body to share it with. Sleeping alone has its advantages, but it gets lonely too sometimes.

     
  • At May 16, 2007 1:47 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Eric,

    A whole room dedicated to wine? Maybe I could do a wine cooler as I do need to store a few bottles.

    If I were heavily into wine then possibly :)

    Hey Rocketman,

    I forgot to mention the frame that it all lies on top of.

    Glad that you didnt have a bedroom injury of that sort :)

    Im undecided... I want it but not for a long time. Maybe I need a buddle buddy (blush) lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home