darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Thursday, August 23, 2007

256 - goings on

T is very insistent and has started to call me his girl. As endearing as it is. Theres something that irks me about being "his girl". In all senses of the word I am a girl. Just not his. Nor will I ever be his girl.

I'm a bit annoyed with him. Hes become a cling-on. Needy. Needs constant affirmations... and I know that we all need affirmations. We all need to be validated in some way. The way he goes about it repeatedly is grating on my nerves.

When point blank asked. 'I want you to be my girl. You want to be my girl right?' I had to keep my eyes from rolling. I did what might be called rude. I told him that I wasn't sure I could be because of the situation, the distance, specially the lack of activities boys and girls engage in behind closed doors that he knows I am very fond of.

I hear silence on the other end of the line and ask if he is OK. He will be he says and he understands. There is a small part of me that feels guilty that its come to this point. Where he likes me more than I like him. Is that the trick? to find someone that equally shares the amount of like. Otherwise its too much or not enough.

B called me to touch base and to stay in contact. I was out shopping with my sister so we didn't talk long. I told him it was good to hear from him and that we should get together sometime when our schedules allow.

S might have gotten the impression that I'm not available anytime soon to meet with him as the amount of phone calls have diminished. Its a turn off when someone cant follow simple requests.Like call me after 5pm as that's when I am finished work. Its also a little bit off putting when they tell you they want to 'bring you to a special place' without letting you know where the place is. A bit freakish and screams of being tied and bound in a spread eagle position on a table in some barn somewhere. (shudder)

K is in England. I sent him a text to say 'hi' and he said he would get in touch when he returns.

M1 has been put through the wood chipper. Ha vent heard from him in a while so there may be a miraculous waking at some point. Sometimes people need to hear honesty to realize what they wont be getting. I told him that if he was looking for anything sexual with me it wouldn't happen. So I didn't hear from him again. Of course he did the obligatory 'no no, that's not what I'm looking for' line.

I didn't get any sort of want to be intimate with him. Not even a peck on the cheek. It pays to stick to your guns ladies and just say it like it is sometimes. . Just say No!

A is new. Had an impromptu lunch date and he watched me eat. He failed to mention he had a late and large breakfast. I didn't mind. I needed to eat. We needed to meet. We talked, we laughed and when the time came for me to pay for the meal that I ate. He insisted on taking care of it.

We were supposed to meet another afternoon for lunch. He had to cancel. Sadly.

I told him jokingly that I wanted to know who or what was o important to break the lunch date with/for. Hes helping his friend who doesn't look as good as I do. Charmer. I know. Ill be careful with this one. I told him that since he wasn't going to see me that day that he wouldn't be privy to a hint of what I was wearing. Which I know will have made him think. Ill let his imagination wonder.

B2 hasn't called me in a while. Its hard to call back when you don't have their numbers. Oh well. Such is life. I did bump into him at Costco. I pointed him out to my sister and we had a discussion about how tastes in men are really varied from woman to woman.

J2 is new and is proving to be a flirt. The kind of flirt that I approve of. Neither of us is rushing anything which is nice. I'm feeling a bit impatient but would like to be in the mood for it all to happen so I guess its OK that we are waiting. Waiting for what exactly? Nothing in particular though he has mentioned a possible weekend away together. That wont happen soon but again.. its the idea and the possibilities that gets me.

V is also new. Hes from out of town and is often in Ottawa for business. Suits me just fine. We went out last week sometime and had a great time. It didn't stop him from being a man and suggesting that I return with him to his hotel room. I know he wasn't trying to be rude. Hes just being male and it is refreshing to meet someone who says whats on his mind.

Hes in town every other week so it should be interesting how things play with him.

Well... Ill save the rest for another post

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At August 23, 2007 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Darling,
    Does your chipper work on house
    painters? I have one that I'd
    like to send to you so you could
    run him thru it ..
    lol -- you could start a side
    business running your chipper ..

    lol

    TS.

     
  • At August 23, 2007 5:16 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Regarding T, I believe it's time to introduce the young man to your friendly, neighborhood wood chipper.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At August 24, 2007 3:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    The Wood Chipper is back! And yes, I agree with franknemecek - it looks like T should be next.

     
  • At August 24, 2007 7:36 AM, Blogger darling said…

    ** Hi TS :) Hmm theres an idea for a side business lol

    ** Frank, I am amused with the reference to the friendly neighborhood wood chipper. It is in his near future.

    ** Hi Rocketman, Its good to do some trimming every so often to remove dead wood :)

     
  • At August 25, 2007 6:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I agree Darling... as long as I'm not the one in the Chipper! :)

     
  • At August 27, 2007 8:39 AM, Blogger darling said…

    :) Hi Rocketman, its never a good thing to meet the chipper :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home