darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

259 - selfish?

Things that irritate me. Looking forward to going out and spending some time with a friend when they call and cancel saying they are tired.

I'm not planning on bringing them out to run a marathon. Its food, drink and good times I'm after. Nothing strenuous. Nothing taxing. So when someone tells me they are tired and want to do nothing at all. I get irritated.

Not that I know every detail of their lives and what happens in them. I know that if I can juggle J1, J2 and J3. Have time to work out with Denise and Carmen, run with The Big Dog a couple of times a day, keep The Soup current and up do date. Call, talk, email and text away to various friends and family.

Surely the couple of hours that I have set aside for just this occasion to meet with them and hang out isn't so much to ask of their busy lives. I'm not trying to act like I'm high and mighty. I apologize if that's how it sounds. It sounds like I'm selfish.

I feel like I'm being selfish when I pull a suck like this. I guess its also that I value my time and if something planned doesn't go through. My day doesn't get shot to hell its just inconvenient and I find myself disappointed. I haven't seen this person in a while which is why I look forward to seeing them.

In a way I have to be thankful. I don't just sit and wallow that I'm not hanging out with whoever. I end up doing other things that needed to be done. The everyday things like groceries, banking, cooking, cleaning, catching up on sleep and so on.

Its just... if it happens too often with the same person whats a person to do. I'm thinking I should just not plan anything with this person and let them come to me. If I'm available then great if not then maybe another time.

I look forward to spending time with my friends. It doesn't have to be something glamorous planned. Sometimes its relaxing at home with a bottle of wine or sometimes the venue changes and we'll be on a patio enjoying the weather and have fruity cocktails. I don't even mind if its walking our dogs together.

I think for this one friend. Ill leave the plans up to her and if it somehow works out that I'm free when shes not tired we'll go do something.

On that note. Sex time! :)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • At August 28, 2007 3:50 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    Sex time?

     
  • At August 29, 2007 1:38 AM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    First, isn't every time sex time?

    Second, you have the Wood Chipper for people you just want to get rid of. I think you also need a Penalty Box for people who are in limbo, so to speak.

    When your friend is ready to make time for you, she can out of the Penalty Box. Until then, she's in there and there's no point in even thinking about her because she brought it on herself.

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At August 29, 2007 10:01 AM, Blogger darling said…

    ** Hi Scotty, After I hit publish post I had to leave because it was time for sex :)

    ** Hi Frank, If every time was sex time I wouldnt be able toblog at all.

    I like it. The Penalty Box. Limbo. Done. RD is in The Penalty Box.

    :) Its kind of out of mind out of calendar. Now that I have a night free I wonder who I will have fill it.

    Decisions decisions.

     
  • At August 29, 2007 2:57 PM, Blogger Frank Nemecek said…

    Who to fill it with?

    Hmm...

    **Frank stands on his chair and waves his hand frantically**

    Love & laughter,
    Frank

     
  • At September 04, 2007 12:42 PM, Blogger darling said…

    Hi Frank :)

    Can you believe that guy standing on the chair? :)

    I was so close to justdragging him away but I got hit with a case of the shysies.

    *blush* :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home