darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

297 - typos

I had my sister book our flight to San Diego yesterday. I got the confirmation forwarded to me and I didn't notice until noon today. My itinerary had a bit of a typo. Instead of reading Darling it read Dalring.

Tickets are non refundable and names on tickets cannot be changed. Ooops. I called Hotwire and explained the situation and Justin helped me out and said that they don't usually refund tickets. In my case since it was less than 24 hours since I made the purchase he would refund Dalrings ticket and charge me the exact same fare for the exact same flight/connections and so on and so forth.

I'm glad I caught that mistake in time and not at the airport at the time of travel. My sister got an earful from me but we laughed about it in the end. Mistakes happen. I know I do it often when I type out my name. The fingers fly over the keyboard like they have minds of their own.

Not to worry, Ive fixed it thankfully and I even changed my travel insurance as well to make sure that it was linked to the right ticket. You never know what you might need when you travel specially when you're flying on Christmas day.

My dad is funny. He just moved to a new house in San Diego within the past few months and hes been living on his own and told us he was scrambling to get furniture. :) A bachelor in his 50's! I told him not to go crazy for us. We'll be happy to camp out on the beaches.

Were excited. The only thing I'm worried about... is not getting my passport in time for travel. EEK! I sent my application in Tues Nov 27th and they are to mail it out on Dec 11th by registered mail and I should be getting it on the 14th. However with delays because of the rush of mail/packages being sent for the Holidays. I'm scared that it will get lost and forgotten behind someones seat... and I wont be asked to put mine in the upright position.

So I'm very excited. A week of no snow. A week of sand, sea and sunshine. No work... which reminds me to make sure to mention to that I ll be needing time off at J1, J2 and J3.

So that's that. I'm going on vacation. My next one will be somewhere where its all inclusive and Ill be all seductive...

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home