darling

Hi, thanks for stopping by for a short or long visit :) Im single, drink double and sleep triple :) Life is an adventure :) Join me

Friday, August 31, 2007

261 - obits

I called A and left a voicemail. He wasn't feeling well and I wanted to make sure he was on the mend and getting better not worse. I hadn't heard from him in a couple of days so that worried me. I decided to call him last night and lo and behold. He answers.

I teased him by telling him I was about to check the obituaries to see if he showed up there. He laughed and said he was about to call me. I teased him again telling him he was now obligated to say that. I'm such a girl.

He tells me he wanted to call me before he left. I asked him where he was going and he said he was on his way to Mexico. 'Without me?' I said and he laughed. 'Next time' he said. Hes going to check on investments.

I didn't ask what kind of investments and felt relieved when he mentioned looking at his property there. Phew. Nothing of the illegal kind please. Ive got enough problems. It was just a thought that came in and left just as quickly.

So I was kind of 'I want to go to Mexico' for a moment or two while on the phone with him. Not this time though, I know that I cant just up and go. Maybe one day. All in timing right?

I didn't ask how long he was gone for. He didn't offer that information. I'm OK with it. Its good to have a break from what I'm not sure. But things are good so Ill leave it as that. The question of when he was going did come up and he said he was in the parking lot. I laughed and asked if it was the parking lot to pick me up and he said after a pause. 'The parking lot of the airport'

It made me think that the trip is happening ASAP and that its pretty neat that he can make plans like that and leave right away. I know that there's a large divide between where I am financially and where he is. Kind of ridiculous really. What is interesting is that we know each other.

I thought I was bad with my social calendar. Hes even worse and he doesn't even have a calendar or anything much to do. Which is something I find annoying. Very, extremely even. So trying to plan something plan anything like going for lunch or dinner or drinks is like pulling teeth. Hes a spur of the moment person and depending on what needs to be done kind of person. Ill let you know person.

Arg. I like spontaneity as much as the next person but I also want to be able to say 'great idea! Lets go!' Instead of 'I cant Ive got something I cant get out of' Which really doesn't help in the spontaneity are but Its still nice to have an idea of when he would be able to go out and do something. Morning, noon or nights. I have no clue. Actually the only suggestion he made was for me to take the day off.

Which I thought of doing and tried to find a way to still be getting paid for the day at work. I couldnt find a way not to lose my income for the day and I told him maybe a Sat or Sun. But I wouldnt be able to take a day off. I reminded him not everyone had the kind of income he did. To which he offerred to take care of my income for the day so I didnt feel the loss.

Hmmm interesting...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home